There is no better way to relax and become centered through through meditation. There are many meditation tapes on the market. Choose one that is right for you. Again, you may have to experiment to find one that is best for you. But do not be in a hurry to choose a meditation CD. Take your time and make sure that you try at least ten different ones so that you can decide which one is best for you.
Many arthritis and fibromyalgia sufferers have days when negative thoughts and emotions plague them. Sometimes there is no real reason for it. Many arthritis and fibromyalgia sufferers are sooner to dwelling on negative feelings and emotions. It is important to make sure that these negative feelings and emotions do not fester and make our pain and fatigue worse. We will also feel more tired and out of control when we are stressed out. This cycle will make our pain and fatigue worse and we will feel very low overall.
Therefore, it is important to take the time to change our negative thoughts and move them out of negative mode to positive. That requires a bit of effort and discipline at first. But it sure is worth it because you can become a master of your own negative emotions and you can take steps to make bad days into good ones. It is possible for us to take control over our minds regardless of how much physical pain and fatigue we experience. We can do this with a bit of self-control and the decision to live the best life we are capable of.
Meditation does not have to be hard. Even the simplest type of meditation will work wonders for you.
Here is a simple yet effective way to meditate.
• Set a timer for fifteen minutes. Place it beside you.
• Light a candle and turn off any loud noises. Turn the ringer off on the telephone.
• Sit down. You may want to close your eyes.
• Take a few diaphragmatic breaths. Breathe in on a count of four and breathe out on a count of four. Keep that up for a few minutes.
• Think of a pleasant nature scene. Breathe deeply.
• If distracting thoughts flow in, just ignore them. This can take some practice at first. Please be patient but consistent with yourself.
• Breathe deeply and focus on your breath. Stay in the present.
There are a many benefits to meditation. Here are a few of the most known ones that yogis talk about continously.
• You'll feel more relaxed and centered.
• You'll feel less frustrated.
• You'll feel less pain and fatigue.
• You'll feel more self-confident.
• You'll feel less stressed.
• You feel more plugged into yourself;
• You'll feel more capable of coping with your arthritis.
• You'll feel more able to carry on with your day in a better way.
Given these benefits, you can not afford not to meditate. It is sure to be a win-win for all of you and it will ease back pain and fatigue considerably.
Living with constant pain and fatigue can be very difficult. Negative thoughts and emotions can plague an arthritis and fibromyalgia sufferer. Meditation can really help individuals to come to terms with their pain and neutralize some of the negative effects of living with the disease. Meditation can make life much easier and much happier for an arthritis and fibromyalgia sufferer.