Just the other day a friend of mine was complaining of being sick and that her partner was telling her to slow down, and relax. “I have no time to slow down” she said. “There are things that have to get done.” This is a classic case of someone not listening to what their body is telling them. And, if you do this often enough, your chakras can become blocked.
I have been hearing this word all my life. Chakras. What the heck are they? Well, it was not until my own journey took me down the road of meditation that I learned a very important and oh so powerful tool.
I learned, you see, that we have an energy system inside of us that is an energetic gateway … responsible for receiving, assimilating, and releasing energies. This energy system is known as our Chakra system. In sanskrit, chakra means ' spinning wheels of light .' And, it is very important to keep this revolving energy system 'in-flow.' When you learn to read this energy system for yourself, you can then use that information to not only strengthen your energy, but to also work with it to change the parts you no longer want.
This is especially useful if you seem to have repeated patterns through life that you would rather no longer have.
There are seven main chakras and each have a separate but powerful role to play within our bodies.
1. The Root Chakra: This is also known as your base chakra and is signified by the color red. It is located at the base of your spine and has to do with our physical state of health, our feelings of security, our ability to manifest material success. It gives us our sense of belonging. It is the chakra that grounds us to earth.
2. The Sacral Chakra: Signed by the color orange. This chakra is located just below your belly button and has to do with our creativity, our sexuality, our passion and the ability to regulate our passions and desires.
3. The Solar Plexus: This chakra is located just below the rib and above the belly button and is signified by the color yellow. This chakra promotes our mental clarity, our ability to set and define boundaries. It is our power center … our sense of identity and personality.
4. The Heart Chakra: Signified by the color green. This chakra is all about love. It is the central chakra of our body, our emotional center where we feel love, understanding, compassion, and the capacity to forgive.
5. The Throat Chakra: This chakra is the communication center and is signified by the color blue. It is all about how you express yourself to the world. Does the image you present sit happily along what you really think and feel? Do you leave a lot unsaid? Verbally it may not be expressed, but on an energy level it is!
6. The Brow Chakra: Also know as the third eye. Signified by the color indigo it is our intuitive center, where we get our gut feelings, our inspirations.
7. The Crown Chakra: This chakra is signified by the color white or purple and deals with our greater wisdom, the acknowledgment of our soul and life purpose. It is our direct connection to the Universe or Source.
Each chakra resonates with a particular frequency or vibration and we can invite them back into balance by using color, light, touch, sound, aroma, etc. By stimulating the senses in a favorable way we can balance our nervous system, and extremely our chakras. Personally, I have always found success through meditation on each individual chakra.
“You may fool yourself some of the time, you may fool others some of the time. But you can never fool your body.
Your body speaks to you every day. It pays to listen to those whispers.