Meditation is such a powerful practice that you will be awed to discover its contribution towards the betterment of your life and habits. No one can explain this to you until and without you, yourself contemplate it. It augments your self-understanding that leads to more positive energy. As a result of this, you worry less about the discomforts that you face and learn to count your blessings and be grateful for them. It is for this reason that a number of organizations have developed today that offers you ample scope for this and hoards of people are getting benefited with an enhanced quality of life from these.
But if you want to get an idea of this powerful habit then you can try it for yourself first with the following tips.
In case you are a beginner and are not aware of this process, do not worry for below are enlisted a few steps for you to begin with the process.
- Try to sit for a couple of minutes – In the beginning days, just attempt to sit for two minutes; that will be easy. Sit for two minutes for the first two weeks at any part of the day, preferably morning and then try to increase it to four minutes the next week.
- Prefer to do it first thing each morning – Make it a habit of doing this first thing in the morning. This is because there is a tendency that you will forget it if you keep it for the later part of the day.
- Do not be too much attentive towards how to do it – You do not have to concentrate much on the process of doing it. All you have to do is be careful that you allot at least two minutes each day to it.
- Try feeling your mind – You should try and analyze what your mind is feeling at the moment. See if it's angry, frustrated or calm and try to accept whatever thought process is going on.
- Attempt to feel your body – While doing it, try to see what your body feels like. For this, you can start with what your foot is feeling like, then your toe and then gradually move up. It is through these processes that helps in eradication of pain if you practice it for the long run.
- Try counting your breaths – Concentrate on counting your breath. Like you count one when you are inhaling then while exhaling you should count two and so on.
You can try all the above steps if you are thinking of seeing in yourself the power and the benefits that this practice will give you.