Qigong meditation breathing techniques proves to be an efficient way to RELAX – it calms your mind while providing a feeling of deep revitalization from within. Best of all, you can do this at anytime, anywhere. If you feel like you'll be having a stressful activity ahead, all you need is 5 minutes of either sitting, standing, or lying down. And then you're ready for the Embryonic Qigong Breathing .
Embryonic qigong breathing is a breathing adjustment process. It is a graduating refining of one's breathing to cultivate and circulate the internal qi . This, it is called the key to unlock the qigong state of mind. It could be easy for people who naturally breathe in the belly – a breath coming from the navel and terminating in your navel.
This so-called “Fetal Breathing” can be done through the following process:
- Find a way to make yourself relax. Regardless of your position – sitting, standing, or lying – prepare yourself by relaxing.
- Softly put your tongue against the roof of your mouth. This is your access to connecting your internal energy circuit.
- Imagine lowering your mind down to your abdomen. This is usually called the Dan Tian . Just 3 fingers below your navel, place one of your palms in this area and put the other one just over it.
- Breathe slowly and relax more. Breathe into your palms but do not try to force or push your abdomen. Naturally, your lower belly should expand outward. Exhale to contract your belly and observe how your palms move in and out as you breathe. Take your minute or two doing this breathing rhythm.
- Continue doing the previous step, with a partner this time. Ask him or her to place his or her palms on your sides as if feeling your kidneys. Imagine you are breathing sideways this time as you partner's palms move in and out. Make 5-6 cycles of breathing for this.
- Continue steps 4 and 5, from the back this time just the opposite of your abdomen. You can ask your partner to put his or her palm on your lower back and visualize as if you're breathing from there. Imagine your entire lower trunk expands as you breathe out and constricts as you breathe in – making your lower belly the epicenter of your every breath wave. Do this for the next 4-8 breathing cycles.
Let me congratulate you! You have just done one of the most important Qigong breathing exercises. You can do this as frequent as you want whenever you have the luxury of time. It will be helpful to observe how infants sleep and imitate how they breathe. Then you know you're in the right track mastering the Embryonic Qigong Breathing technique.