Many researchers have done work on the changes happening in the brain during meditation. The more people delved deep into the ocean of knowledge on this age-old practice, the more they became interested in that. Many people have started acknowledging the efficiency of this treatment method in stress management. Even the people from Western countries have started to enjoy the benefits of meditation and yoga. As a result, the early learners of this technique have started setting up their own meditation and yoga centers across length and breadth of the world.
People have become aware of its benefits in their lives. Many are coming forward to swear in the name of God that they have benefited from doing meditation and yoga. Some of them have gone further ahead to find scientific basis for these positive effects in the body. In this article, we will be listing out some proven facts about meditation and yoga. Here, let us spread the good word about this practice for the benefit of others.
- A work done by a research group from the University of Massachusetts Medical School has proved beyond doubt that the meditation helps people to overcome stress.
- There was a discussion in the Journal ScienceDaily that meditation improves the creativity in persons.
- There was a detailed discussion about research on the relationship between meditation and the sexual life of a person in the Journal of Sexual Medicine. The results of this study have brought out the positive effect of meditation on sex life. The story further has revealed that meditation increases libido.
- The meditation helps the people to cultivate healthy habits that lead to weight loss. The Journal Emotion has come out with the results of this study.
- Harvard Medical School has found out that meditation improvements digestion and lowers blood pressure.
- The 2009 edition of the Stroke Journal has discussed in detail the reduced risk of heart attack in people who practice meditation.
- Meditation helps people to overcome anxiety, depression, anger and confusion. The outcome of this study had come in the Journal Psychosomatic Medicine.
- The researchers of the Wake Forest University have also worked on the effects of meditation. The results show that it decrees perception of pain and improvements cognitive processing.
- It increases your focus and attention. This was found out by a research team from University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- It increases the size of your most important organ- your brain! This was found out by a medical research team from Harvard University.